Free Admissions in Annaberg-Lungötz
Your Advantages with the TennengauPLUS-Card
- Free (or discounted) participation in the weekly program
- Free: Donnerkogelbahn lift, Waldbad Lungötz, guided E-bike tour at the Hiking & (E-)Bike Competency Center, guided church tour in Annaberg (upon request), Adventure Playground, Annaberg sports facilities including tennis, boccia, beach volleyball, summer ice stock), hiking pin for children under age 15, grill area in Neubachtal (reservations required)
- Discounted: Gererhof Heritage Museum, E-bike rentals at the Hiking & (E)-Bike Competency Center in Annaberg, Tennengau hiking map & hiking book, “Fun Golf”, Postalm toll charges (Tuesday & Thursdays)
- Discounts on rides with other mountain lifts, including the Gosaukammbahn, Krippenstein, Untersbergbahn
Weekly Summer Program in Annaberg-Lungötz
- Guided Sunrise Hike: to the Mahdriedel scenic lookout point. Meets: Salzburger Dolomitenhof. On the way back, opportunity for a delicious hill-country breakfast at the Loseggalm with products from their own dairy and farm. Breakfast: € 10.00 per adult, € 8.00 per child. Hike: Free with the guest card (regular price: € 8.00).
- Guided Nordic Walking Tour: Feel the joy of gentle outdoor exercise. Free introduction to this sport that is suitable for practically everyone, surrounded by wonderful nature. Participation with the guest card is free (incl. rental poles) through Sportprofi Lungötz, Schwarzenbacher, Tel. +43 (0) 6463 7852
- Ride up to the Postalm: Austria’s broadest expanse of alpine pastures. In the morning, a Postbus (No. 471) departs Annaberg at 9:18 for Abtenau. You will then connect with the Postbus which leaves from the post office in Abtenau at 10 a.m. The Postbus runs every Tuesday and Thursday (not public holidays) charging € 4.00 for the return trip to the Postalm. (You will only have to pay the additional toll charge: € 1.50 per person.) Once you are there, you will discover numerous hiking opportunities through the idyllic countryside. The return bus departs the Postalm at 4:13 p.m., arriving in Abtenau at 4:50. You will then be able to connect to Annaberg at 5:12 p.m. (valid 10.05. to 20.10.2017)
Tip: Free Alpine Flower Hike (from mid-June until the end of August) – Hans will accompany you on this easy 3 km walking tour, showing you the fascinating plants along the way and telling you all about life in the hill country. Free with the guest card – highly recommended! Be sure to pick up a booklet on alpine flowers from the tourist office: it contains beautiful pictures and full descriptions.
- Pony rides: at the Martinerhof in St. Martin. € 3.00 per child with guest card, duration 1 hour, register directly with the Martinerhof, Tel. +43 (0) 6463 7308.
- Interactive Hike through Virgin Forest (from mid-May until mid-September): to the highest conifers in Austria. Meets: St. Martin Tourist Office. Free with the guest card.
- Gererhof Heritage Museum in Annaberg: Insights into rural life from the 17th century on. Lovingly maintained 400-year-old farmhouse. Beautiful old folk costumes, hand-crafted artworks and old tools that have long been forgotten are on display. Annaberg-born artist Prof. Gottfried Kumpf donated his extensive collection of whetstone sheaths to the museum. Admission with guest card: € 2.50 (guided tour not included).
- Mineral & Fossil Exhibition: The “House of 1000 Stones” in Russbach at the home of Wolfgang Schweighofer, Saag No. 88 in Russbach is particularly famous for its fossil finds. Discover ancient snails, hippurites, ammonites and corals. For additional times: Tel. Mr. Schwaighofer +43 (0) 6242 265.
- Free minigolf with guest card at Gasthaus Traunstein/Karkogel valley lift station in Abtenau
- Guided hike up to the Kamplbrunn: Meets: car park at the Donnerkogel lift/Astauwinkl. The “Kampflbrünndl” emerges from the depths at some 2,000 meters above sea level, making it one of the highest springs on the Dachstein Massif. This tour requires surefootedness and a head for heights. You will first ride the taxi to the Mahdalm, then continue via the Mahdriedl in the direction of the Kamplbrunn. According to legend, anyone who drinks or washes at this “fountain of youth” will become at least 10 years younger … You will then return via the Loseggalmen and along an old trail back to your original starting point. Free with the guest card (incl. ride on the Almtaxi to the Mahdalm). Registration: Tourist Office +43 (0) 6463 8690 or Hiking Competency Center +43 (0) 650 4058666
- Treasure Hunt to the “Snails’ Wall” in Russbach. This hike in search of natural treasures leads you to sites where fossils have been discovered. Meets: 9:30 a.m. at the village fountain in Russbach. The hike takes a total of around 5 hours, 3 hours of which are pure walking. € 15.00 per adult, € 5.00 per child (suitable for children ages 6 and up). Register through Betty Jehle: +43 (0) 650 6366177
- Hay Crafts at the Arlerhof: The HayART Fest will be making an appearance in Abtenau in 2017. Create your own marvelously fragrant figure and thus become a part of the Lammertal HayART Festival. The figure will be presented during the big HayART parade in Abtenau on Sunday, 3 September 2017. Meeting point: Arlerhof Heritage Museum, Abtenau. € 3.00 with the Tennengau guest card incl. a small hand-crafted hay figure as a souvenir. Duration: 2 hours.
- Heritage Evening incl. performance by the Annaberg folk-dance group at Gasthof Salzburger Dolomitenhof in Austauwinkel. In nice weather, this event will take place on the beautiful scenic terrace outside. Free admission with the guest card.
- Hike in the Footsteps of Empress Sisi to the Zwieselalm: Meeting point is the car park next to the Donnerkogel lift. A ride on the lift is followed by a hike via the Riedlkar to the Zwieselalmhütte. This rustic hut invites you to take a refreshment break, which is also what Empress Elisabeth, affectionally known as “Sisi”, also once did here. Together with her cook (who, incidentally, in contrast to the athletic young empress, had to be carried up to this location), she enjoyed a beautiful timeout in this wonderful area, and about which numerous tales are told. From the hut, you will then ride the Gosaukamm lift down to the Lower Gosausee.
Variant: from the hut, a hike around the Lower Gosausee. A hiking bus will bring the group back to the original starting point. For guests with the Annaberg- Lungötz guest card, this hike incl. roundtrip lift ride is available at a discounted price: € 12.00 per adult, € 6.00 per child under 15 years of age. Please register by 5 p.m. Thursday through the tourist office, Tel. +43 (0) 6463 8690
- Angling at the Lammertal Fishing Ponds: You can enjoy angling or simply buy the fish. Your catch will then be prepared for you right there at the hut, served with bread and salad for a price of € 11.00 per person. Register with the Lämmerhof: Tel. +43 (0) 6463 7141.
Tip: Very beautiful and leisurely hike from Annaberg along the “Höhenweg” path to the Lämmerhof (ca. 1.5 hours). Return transportation to Annaberg may be booked through your hosts at the Lämmerhof. Larger groups as well as fishing on other days possible by appointment.
- Lagerhaus Annaberg: every Friday, farmers’ market with regional products from local farmers.
- Morning Awakening: Morning walk along the “Höhenweg” path with short exercise breaks along the way. Meets at the tourist information office in Annaberg. Duration: 1.5 hours.
- Guided family hike in Bruno’s Mountain & Herb World: You will first ride up on the Hornbahn lift from Russbach – herbal knowledge for big and small, a visit to the alpine flower garden, then along the Grenzweg path to the Edtalm, tasting of the herbs you have plucked along the way and then, on your return, a visit to Bruno’s Mountain World with some especially exciting attractions for the youngsters (total walking time: about 2.5 hours). Free € 32.00 incl. tasting and roundtrip gondola ride. (Children ages 6 to 14: € 17.00). Return in the afternoon.
- Worship service at the parish church in Annaberg
- Worship service at the parish church in Lungötz
- Info tour by horse-drawn carriage: meets at the car park for the Kopfberg lifts, located directly across from the tourist information office. Ca. 1.5-hour excursion, with your driver, Peter, sharing all kinds of interesting information about Annaberg and its history. Please register by Saturday evening with Peter Hirscher: +43 (0) 664 8234707, groups of 4 or more € 15.00 per person (less than 4: € 60.00 per carriage).
Further information may be obtained from the Annaberg-Lungötz Tourist Office. The daily events listed here may change at short notice due to unexpected circumstances. Changes will be listed in your morning guest newsletter whenever possible. Not liable for errors or inaccuracies.